Sunday, December 14, 2008

We love Christmas

Since our first Christmas together (1980) we have loved the Christmas Season. Our first tree was decorated with red gingham bows and cornhusks dolls, since then we have collected Christmas ornaments. This year we decorated 4 trees. Over Thanksgiving weekend, Nick and Steve put the lights on the house, it's a family tradition.... We can't wait until it gets dark so we can plug in the lights and go outside and look at them twinkle.
Today at our church service the celebration team put on a beautiful production of one of the magi telling the story of following the star to visit the Christ child to his grandson. It was so touching . The Choir sang and we were reminded of the true meaning of this our favorite season, Christ.
The weather is cool and we enjoyed wearing sweaters and jackets today. This week is Steve's Kinder's Christmas program, I 'm sure it will be so cute. Thanks for visiting, leave us a note if you have a minute.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Your blog is so great! This is fun, huh? I love it that I can follow your blog and what you're up to. As if you are on the east coast instead of a couple miles! You two are just so sweet. Thanks for the invitation to read your blog. I just love it and you are both just darling. With Love and a Very Merry Christmas, Susan

Buddy and Genelle Colvard said...

Hey, it's me Nana!!! I figured it out. I have
blogged Amy, Ashley and Jeff. I agree about
Christmas. Our family is so traditional, we
want everything Christmas every year. I am
having fun this Christmas with some surprises.
I hope Mark and Debra and the boys can come
on Christmas, but with the weather I am doubt-
ful. Have a nice day. Nana